Citizenship Application Assistance

Get assistance Virtually! Contact our office about applying for citizenship- or give us a call 703-534-9805 ext. 1507/1514.

( en español )

In-Person Assistance

Next Workshops: 

Saturday February 24, 2024       
St. Mark Catholic Church
9970 Vale Road, Vienna, VA 22181       
Doors open 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Download the workshop flyer (PDF)

Saturday April 20, 2024       
St. John the Beloved Academy
6422 Linway Terrace, McLean, VA 22101       
Doors open 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Download the workshop flyer (PDF) 

Pre-registration is required. Email to register. 

The cost of attending a workshop is $135: ($75) discounted legal consultation and ($60) for the form preparation and postage. You are still responsible for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) fee of $725. If you are receiving benefits such as SNAP, TANF, Medicaid or are experiencing financial hardship, you may qualify for a USCIS fee waiver.

What documents will I need to apply for citizenship ?

  1. Legal Permanent Resident card, also known as a “green card”.
      1. Card must not expire within the next 6 months, or be already expired.
    • All passports, current and expired, that you have used since you became a resident.
      • If you are an asylee or refugee please use your travel document
    • A Money Order payable to “US Department of Homeland Security” for $725.
        1. Applicants with low income may qualify to pay a lower fee. To see if you qualify, please bring this up at your consultation.
      • Dates and addresses for the last 5 years for places where you have worked, lived, and studied.

      • Are you married? You need to know your marriage date and your spouse’s birthdate, green card number, current address and employer’s name.

      • Have you been married before? You need to know your prior spouse’s name, immigration status at the end of marriage, place & date of birth, marriage date, and divorce date. Please share a photo the divorce certificate or death certificate.
        • Has your spouse been married before? You need to know their prior spouse’s name, place & date of birth, marriage date, and divorce date. Please share a photo of the divorce certificate.
      • Do you have children? You need to know each child’s place & date of birth, green card number, and current address. This includes all children, including those who are adopted and deceased.

      • Have you EVER gotten a driving ticket? Look up your DMV record here: (
      • Have you EVER been arrested or gone to court? Bring all court dispositions. Depending on the seriousness of any criminal charges you have, Hogar reserves the right to decide whether or not to represent you at the workshop.
      • Are you on an IRS payment plan? Please share proof of your most recent payments.
      • Men only: Bring proof of registration with the Selective Service. If you are between the age of 18 and 26, go to and register! It’s the law.

      For any other questions about naturalization assistance, please call us at (703) 534-9805 ext. 1507/1514 or email us at